How to make my chewy peanut-oats cookies
- ½ cup butter or margarine, (softened)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- One egg, (beaten)
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Beat well. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Combine flours, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
- Stir flour mixture into the sugar-butter mixture.
- Stir in oats and peanuts.
- Drop batter from a spoon or an ice cream scoop onto a greased cookie sheet about two inches apart. Flatten with a fork (optional).
- Bake in your oven set to 350 F for 12-14 minutes. Enjoy.