The best banana oatmeal cookies.
These old fashioned banana oatmeal cookies are the best. They are tasty, crunchy on the outside, and chewy on the inside. They are simple and easy to make. These cookies aren’t going to win you a cookie contest, but they are delicious and comforting.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
- 1-3/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine ingredients #1 thru #6; beat in the butter until mixture resembles crumbs. Add egg, bananas, and oats; mix well. Stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake cookies at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.