How I made this delicious chocolate cake.
Chocolate cake is my favorite dessert. A slice of cake and some vanilla ice cream are all I need to cheer me up when I feel down. Here is how I made my yummy chocolate cake.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain salt
- Two eggs
- One cup of milk
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 2/3 cup instant coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. And grease a 9-inch baking pan or equivalent
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Then set aside. In a medium-size bowl, whisk eggs. Then add milk and vanilla extract. Mix in the melted butter. Then add the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until uniform. Add the coffee and stir until the batter is smooth. Pour the mixture into your prepared pan. Then bake for 45or 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Leave the cake to rest for ten minutes, and turn out onto a rack to cool completely.