What you need:
Equipment: Hand or stand mixer, 9X13 baking pan, wooden spoon, spatula
- 1 cup or 2 sticks butter, melted
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- Two cups of granulated sugar (You can cut back on the sugar if two cups are too much).
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks broken into small pieces
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place softened butter in a large bowl; add cocoa and stir until well blended. Add sugar; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time. Beating well after each addition. Add flour, vanilla, and salt; stir just until combined. Stir in chocolate chunks and nuts, if desired—spread batter in baking dish.
- Bake about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool, then cut into serving-sized pieces.