Aunt Betsy’s Banana Chocolate Snack Cake
I made this Aunt Betsy’s inspired banana cake studded with chocolate chips with common baking ingredients that everybody has on hand. The ripe bananas are the secret to achieving a rich texture, while the baking cocoa and sugar give the cake a luxurious chocolate flavor. Enjoy it as a snack or a post-dinner treat on any day of the week.
- Two very ripe medium bananas
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- One cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water (or milk)
- One teaspoon baking soda
- One teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8-inch pan. Place bananas in a medium bowl, then mash with fork. Next, stir in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Sprinkle chocolate chips over batter.
- Bake the cake 35 to 37 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.