Banana Pumpkin Bread
Fall is the season for pumpkins. So fall into line and try my moist Banana Pumpkin Bread. It’s delicious!
- ¾ cup very ripe bananas-mashed
- (about two large bananas)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup vegetable
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- Two large eggs
- One tablespoon vanilla extract
- One teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ teaspoon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- One teaspoon brown sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an eight or nine-inch loaf pan with butter or a baking spray
- To make the batter: Mash the bananas in a large bowl and whisk in the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk the baking soda, Pumpkin Pie Spice, salt, all-purpose flour, and whole wheat flour in a separate bowl. Next, stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin puree and sugar mixture with a spatula.
- Then, pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and Top with a sprinkle of brown sugar. Bake the loaf for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and then add foil paper loosely on the top. Then bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. Then run a knife around the edge and invert the loaf onto a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. The bread lasts 4 to 5 days at room temperature.