- One box (15 ounces) gingerbread cake mix
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 vegetable oil
- One egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/2 cup heavy cream
Four tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Three tablespoons of granulated sugar
Two tablespoons of cocoa powder
1/2 tablespoon of salt
Eight oz. chocolate chunks (cut into small pieces).
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Prepare one 8×2 1/2 inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix heavy cream, water, vegetable oil, egg, pumpkin spice, and cake mix until the mixture is well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake mixture until golden brown. Or when a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. (50-60 minutes).
- Then, transfer cake to a wire rack and let it cool for 15 minutes and remove from pan.
How to make ganache
- In a medium saucepan, bring cream, butter, sugar, salt, cocoa powder, and chocolate to a boil. Stir vigorously until the chocolate melts, and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool until the mixture thickens (25-30 minutes).
- Then pour ganache over cake. Use an offset spatula to smoothen the mixture over the cake.
- Allow ganache to set before serving.