- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- Two eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- One teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- One cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
Homemade Pumpkin bread with Cream Cheese Topping
- Whisk pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, milk, and eggs in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl. Stir well, then gradually pour the dry mixture into the mixing bowl with the pumpkin mixture.
- Stir well to combine thoroughly.
- Prepare a 9×5 Non-stick Loaf Pan with parchment paper. Pour mixture evenly into the loaf pan.
- Bake batter at 350°F for 55 – 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
How To Make The Topping
- While the bread cools, beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Next, gradually beat in the powdered sugar until smooth. If topping is too thick, add milk or heavy cream.
- Spread the mixture over the top of the bread and allow it to set (about 30 minutes).
- Cut into slices and enjoy.