- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Two eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup toasted peanuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Sweet potato should be precooked mashed, and measured out.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and oil. Stir in the mashed sweet potato and set aside. Whisk the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a separate bowl. Next, stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture until just combined. Fold in the pecans and peanuts. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake batter in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until golden brown.
- Allow loaf to cool before cutting.